Iranna M. Shettar currently working as Assistant Librarian in Periodical and eResources Section, Central Library, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. Prior to joining NITK Surathkal he has served as Information Analyst (IRC) in Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai; Information & Documentation Assistant (Ad-hoc) in Indira Gandhi Institute of Developmental Research, Mumbai.
He is having an experience of eleven years in the LIS Profession.
Current Responsibility: Subscription of journals (Print and Online), Databases, eBooks and other eResources. Maintenance of Library website and Digital Library Services including Document Delivery Service, Assisting in Literature Searches & Information query handling etc. Also looks after Library computer applications.
Qualification: B.Sc. (Comp. Sc.), M.L.I.Sc, M.Phil, UGC-NET, PGDLAN, AIPR
Awards and Honors:
- Best Paper Award for the paper presented in TIFR-BOSLA National Conference held at TIFR, Mumbai in 2016.
- Certificate of Appreciation by IEEE in 2014
- Star of the Quarter (TCS) in January 2012
- Star of the Month (TCS) in October 2009
- iStar Promising and Progressive Youngster (TCS) in 2007-08
- Star of the Month (TCS) in May 2007
- Shettar, Iranna (2018), “Library Marketing: Changing Face of Librarianship” In Proceedings of NIFT-BOSLA National Conference on Modern Librarianship: Opportunities and Challanges held at NIFT, Mumbai on 8-9 June 2018, pp. 147-153. (ISBN: 978-81-93330-74-6)
- Shettar, Iranna & Angadi, Mallikarjun (2018) "Publication Productivity and Impact of Research in NITK, Surathkal: A Scientometric View" In Metamorphosis of Librarianship - Connecting People in Digital Environment / Mallikarnun Angade (chief editor) : Dr B S Kademani Festschrift Volume, PP 123-135. (ISBN: 978-81-93330-75-3)
- Shankar Reddy Kolle, Iranna Shettar, Vijay Kumar M, Parameshwar G S, (2018) "Publication Trends in Literature on eBooks: A Scopus Based Bibliometric Analysis", Collection and Curation, Vol. 37 Issue: 3, pp.119-127, https://doi.org/10.1108/CC-07-2017-0027
- Shettar, I., & Pattanashetti, D. K. (2017). Curtailing the Challenges Faced in Digital Society : A Success Story of Library and Publisher Collaboration for Promoting. In N. Laugu, L. Zain, P. K. Jain, D. C. Kar, & P. Babbar (Eds.), Curation and Management of Cultural Heritage through Libraries (pp. 477–483). Delhi: B.K. Books International. Retrieved from
- Shettar, Iranna M. (2017), "Find, Point and Scan: QR Codes for Libraries." In Proceedings of PROFUSE 2017 National Conference held at Mangalore University, Mangalore on 27-28 April 2017, pp. 144-151. (ISBN : 978-81-8198-445-6)
- Shettar, Iranna M. (2017), “Electronic Books (eBooks): Acceptance and Usage at NITK, Surathkal” In Proceedings of National Conference on Library Innovations for Excellence -2017 held at IISER, Pune on 16-17 Feb 2017, pp. 165-175.
- Shettar, Iranna M (2017). "From Print to Digital: Managing Transformation" In. Future Challenges for Library & Information Management in Digital Environment, Ed. by Amit Kishore & others, 2017, University Prakashan, Agra. pp. 129-136. (ISBN: 978-81-920849-9-2)
- Shettar, Iranna; Chavan, Basavaraj. "Reinventing Skills for a 21st Century Library Professionals" In Facets of Information Literacy (Proceedings of 7th KSCLA National Conference held at KSWU, Vijayapura), Ed by. Anandhalli, Gavisiddappa and Others, 2016, Siddalingeshwar Prakashan, Kalaburagi, P. 95-102. (ISBN: 978-81-9330904-9)
- Shettar, Iranna; Shashikumar. "Facebook Pages for Libraries: A comparative study of Indian Library Facebook Pages" In International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Science & Technology, Vol. 1(3), P 38-42 (ISSN: 2455-930X)
- Shettar, Iranna; Huded, Sidlingappa; Gosar, Shridhar. "The Role of City Central Libraries in Promotion of Informal Education with Special Referance to CCL, Hubli-Dharwad" In e-Library Science Research Journal, Vol. 4 (9), P 1-9 (ISSN: 2319-8435)
- Shettar, Iranna. "Quick Response (QR) Codes in Libraries: Case study on the use of QR codes in the Central Library, NITK" In TIFR-BOSLA National Conference on Future Librarianship-2016, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, April 22-23, 2016, P. 129-134. (ISBN: 978-81-90402-56-9) Awarded Best Paper Presented.
- Shettar, Iranna. "Knowledge Management in Academic Libraries: An Overview" (Book Chapter) In Modern Trends in Library & Information Science in Digital Environment, Ed by. Amit Kishore and Others, 2016, University Prakashan, Agra. P 101-106. (ISBN: 978-81920-84-923)
- Shettar, Iranna. "A Bibliometric Analysis of 'D-Lib Magazine' (2009-2013)" In LIS Today: A Peer-reviewed Bi-Annual Journal, Vol. 2 (1-2), P 94-107. (ISSN 2349-9621)
- Shettar, Iranna. "QR Codes in Libraries: New Delivery Tool for Library Marketing and Information Dissemination" In Journal of Library Management, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (July-December 2013), P
- Shettar, Iranna. "Digital Age Complexity Of Copyright Issues in Libraries" In ISST Journal of Advances In Librarianship, Vol. 1 No.1, (January - June 2010), P 7-10.
- Shettar, Iranna. "Copyright Issues in Digital Media" In TISS - ILA 2008 International Conference, "International Conference on Knowledge for All Role of Libraries and Centres", Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Deemed University), Mumbai, November 12-15, 2008, P 513-518
- Shettar, Iranna. "Web Based User Education: A Birds' Eye View" In SALIS 2007, "Proceedings of the National Conference on Future Technologies for Empowering LIS Professionals: Challenges and Opportunities", Anna University , Chennai, August 09-11, 2007, P 54-58
- Shettar, Iranna. "Knowledge Management for R&D organizations: A today's essence" In CALIBER 2007 "Information and Knowledge Management in Networked World", Panjab University, Chandigarh, February 8-10, 2007, P 305-311
- Shettar, Iranna; J, Keshava "Search Engines in Library User Education: An overview" In XXII-IATLIS National Conference, Tiruchirapalli (T.N.), 24-26 November 2005, P 151-158
Invited Talks Delivered:
- Delivered an Invited Talk on "Importance of eBooks for Libraries: Awareness, Acceptance and Usage at NITK, Surathkal" at Elsevier South Asia eBook Forum 2018 held at Colombo, Sri Lanka on 22-23 May 2018.
- Delivered an Invited Talk on "Personality development and Librarianship" at Faculty Development Program for Institutes of Vivekananda Vidyavardhaka Sangha, Puttur held at Vivekananda College of Engineering and Technology, Puttur on 16th December 2017.
- Delivered an Invited Talk on "Marketing Matters! Promoting Library eResources" at Workshop on "Train the Trainer Program organized for VTU affiliated Engineering College Librarians" held at Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute of Technology, Ujire on 9th and 10th June 2017.
- Delivered an Invited Talk on "eBooks for Libraries: Package or Pick-and-choose?" at Elsevier eBook Forum South Asia 2016 held at Hyatt Regency Hotel, Gurgaon on May 29th - 30th, 2016.
- Delivered an invited lecture on "Creating Questionnaire using Google Form" at Awareness Programme on "Digital Empowerment for Sustainable Development" for Schedule Caste (SC) Youth jointly organized by St. Agnes College Library along with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumpudur on 11th February 2016.
- Delivered an invited lecture on "Data Analytics for Librarians" (Ramakka-Padmakka Endowment Lecture) organized by Karnataka State Library Association, Bangalore at Tata Consultancy Services, Bangalore on 22nd March 2014.
Workshop / Trainings Attended:
- National Workshop on "Copyright considerations for Digital Libraries" held at IIT Kharagpur during 9th & 10th February 2018.
- UNESCO-NDL India International Workshop on "KNOWLEDGE ENGINEERING FOR DIGITAL LIBRARY DESIGN" held at UNESCO, New Delhi during 25th to 27th October 2017.
- "Developing Digital Library using DSpace" conducted by SVS Collage on August 6-7, 2015.
- "Comprehensive IPR Management" by Tata IP Management Programme in 2013.
- "Koha Workshop" conducted by NucSoft OSS Labs, Mumbai on August 17-18, 2009.
- Governing Council Member, Karnataka State Library Association, Bangalore (2014-16)
- Chair -IT & Website Committee, SoFerence 2013.
- Life Member- Indian Library Association (ILA), Bombay Science Library Association (BOSLA), Karnataka State Library Association (KALA), Dakshina Kannada-Kodagu Library Association (DKKLA).
Last Updated on 09/09/2016