National Institute of Technology Karnataka
Surathkal, Mangalore, India
- Open Access System: Library is practicing Open access facility. You are free to choose any book.
- New arrivals list:This service is provided through the display of new books in new arrivals rack.
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI): SDI is a personal current awareness service providing faculty and researchers with the latest publications on a specified research topic. Once a search profile is created and saved, relevant information will be sent to the researcher whenever the selected databases are updated.
- Current Awareness Service (CAS): Email alerts are available for many of the electronic resources and bibliographic databases. Please ask a librarian if you need assistance.
- Book-Bank facility: General book bank for all students consists of multiple copies of textbook. The books are lint to all students for home reading for 30days. Every year multiple copies are added to the book-bank. In addition to this, there is a separate book-bank facility for SC/ST students also. There are 30,049 books available in all branches in book-bank of this library. Automation of book-bank book is completed and the circulation of books is being done by using BARCODE system.
Special collection for SC/ST students- Students can borrow up to 5 books from book-bank for a period of one semester. The library issues a circular in the beginning of every semester and the eligible students may apply to avail as per the schedule announced by the library.
- Digital Library:A separate Digital library unit has been established under funding from TEQIP phase-I with resources being shared with other NITís, IITís and industries. The digital library is exclusively used for the online access of E-journals and other E-Resources provided by the Indian National digital library in engineering science and technology consortium (INDEST-AICTE consortium).
- Inter Library Loan facility (ILL): Books/journal articles that are not available in our library can be procured from DELNET or other libraries
- Reprographic services:Photocopying/Xerox facility (both color and B&W) is available for the users of the Library with a reasonable charges.
- On-line public access catalogues: The Online Public Access catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books, Reports, CD-ROMs and journals available in the central library.
- CD-Rom data base access: A good collection of CD-ROMís in various subjects is also available for access.
- Bibliographic Service:Compilation of bibliography on selected topics
- On-Line information retrieval through DELNET
- Practical and Apprenticeship training for diploma and degree student of Library and Information Science
© Central Library, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal